Stop bullying yourself…

I posted this image on my Instagram this morning. This blog post is in continuation with that. A subject which is very close to my heart. Click on this image to get redirected to my Instagram handle or may also click on this link. @gauri.walecha

I don’t really like to talk about my story and what led me to depression, insomnia and suicidal tendencies…

I have always been afraid of being judged or being tagged as an attention or sympathy seeker… But recently, I wrote a post regarding my reasons of being MIA from this blog; That was the first time that I ever chose to talk about my anxiety publically… And I must say, all of you lovelies made me feel so comfortable and welcomed.

That’s when I decided that I need to use the platform to share my experience and my journey with my mental health issues. Especially when I live in a world where people are harshly judged to have them, it’s necessary that we talk about the issues to raise awareness and acceptability regarding them.

Through my middle school and my High school, I was a very popular kid. I used to represent my school at inter-school and state level competitions, used to handle literary club and various other events at my school. That really brought me into the limelight.

I am so grateful for that experience because it definitely gifted me some amazing skills and confidence….

But, with limelight comes Envy. My peer group used to envy my position in the school, which somehow convinced them that it was okay to bully me.

They used to call me names.

Ruin my homework and assignments.

Tried to push me into false accusations against me.

Boycotted me.

Even circulated nasty rumors about me.

I sat alone in my class through the final years of school and I had no friends at all.

Now before I go further, I am privileged to say that I haven’t really been through the worst form of bullying. I know that it goes way beyond that but at the same time, I wouldn’t dismiss the effect that all of this had on my self-esteem.

After a point, my confidence literally went crashing down, and I was at the rock bottom.

This morning, I woke up thinking about it and that’s when I realized something. My low self-esteem and lower self-confidence was not just their fault… No….more than anyone else, it was mine.

Because after a point, I started believing what they said, I believed that I deserved to be treated this way.

In short, I started bullying myself and that’s the exact moment when they won this nasty battle. (I wrote a related literally post on the other blog too, I’ll link it here: The battle)

To sum this up, I would like to say, that if you know someone who’s experiencing something like this or if you have been through this nightmare and still struggle with self-esteem issues; keep this in mind, those people, they don’t even remember what they did to you. Trust me, even if you tell all of this to their faces, they are gonna brush it off as a joke.

I know that it is easier said than done, but Stop believing your bullies. Stop bullying yourself.

Love yourself unconditionally and make sure that you stand by your side through the battle. Don’t join the other team.

If you are reading this, know that you are awesome and that you are meant for all the amazing things in life.πŸ€—πŸ’•

God bless you all!

Have a great day ahead!

25 thoughts on “Stop bullying yourself…

1. Huguette says:

Those nasty Bastards! I would have plotted to kill them all in a dark night πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚oups
    🀭
    Dear Gauri it’s great to share your experience so others can learn! Envy is ugly! I wrote a post about it, unfortunately it’s everywhere and one thing we can do, to not let other’s attitude affect us and it’s so hard! But we always learn the hard way anyway and nobody can hurt us without our permission, if we don’t allow their hate and negativity inside, they are powerless !!
    Killing them is always a better option πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜‚
    So glad you overcame this and it’s good it happened when you’re young so you can grow stronger and I believe nothing should affect you now!
    Keep shining πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ’•

Liked by 3 people

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

Hahaha! Well! That sounds like huguette 😎😎 (PS: That also sounds like game of thrones)πŸ˜‚
      Very true! Some people just hurt others because they are in pain too. That way, when they ease themselves out, they just initiate a torturous cycle of pain. Instead of taking the pain on ourselves, we need to stand strong and fight back. Someone needs to put a halt to this vicious cycle.
      They can’t hurt you unless you allow them to, definitely agree with it!πŸ˜ƒ
      Haha!🀣
      Yeah! I am so glad to say that I have finally grown out of it, and now, I feel stronger πŸ˜„
      Awww! Thank you so much! You too!
      Have a great day ahead πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸ’•

Liked by 2 people

• Huguette says:

Oh yes I guess it’s both πŸ˜‚ I so love instant Karma! 😎
        What can I say, people are complicated even though life is so simple…we spend this life fighting fantasies and thoughts while we can make it way simpler and happier!
        Oh well, we are a work in progress and we never stop growing up and improving 😊
        Enjoy your week πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ’•

Liked by 1 person

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Huguette and game of thrones together… Winter is coming *cue music* *tn tn tnnn tn*
        Exactly. We are the ones responsible for complicating our life! It can be way more simpler and peaceful 🀷🀷
        Yeah! *Puts a “work in progress, stay away” sign on her head*😁😁😁
        You too, have a lovely week ahead ☺️☺️

Liked by 1 person

2. Kanisha says:

The way you fought with your depression, applause! I know it is really hard to come out of it.
    It is really shameful that people do things like this. They need to be thrashed!
    But what matters now is that you were able to come out of it!
    Keep smiling!πŸ’™

Liked by 2 people

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

Thank you so much for this lovely comment Kanisha! It really warms my heart! I agree, I can’t understand what kind of happiness people get by bullying someone!
      I hope that I can use the lessons I drew from my struggle and help others in their journey!
      Keep smiling! Have a lovely time ahead πŸ’™πŸ’™

Liked by 1 person

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

Thankyou so much for the amazing comment! I am so glad that you could connect with the post and that it could have an impact! Thanks for stopping by and the interaction! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™

3. The Happy Book Blog. says:

Aw, such an amazing post. They say sticks and stones will break our bones but names will never hurt, well sometimes they do. It’s very brave of you opening up like this. Btw i’m judging you right now and your pretty damn awesomeπŸ˜‰

Liked by 2 people

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

Aww! Thank you so much πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•
      Very very true! Sometimes names hurt wayy more than sticks and stones… And to top that, they even scar your heart for life!😟
      Haha! Thank you so much! You are amazing tooπŸ€—

Liked by 1 person

4. popsiclesociety says:

Dear Gauri, I’m glad you’ve decided to share your experience! Envy is a very bad thing and we need to learn to stay away from it. We need to start believing in ourselves as this is the most important! We are awesome and we are meant for all the amazing things in this life 😁 You are perfectly right πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŒΈπŸŒΈ

Liked by 2 people

• Ms. Eager Beaver says:

Yeah! It took me some courage, but in the end, I guess it is important to share your experiences with the world πŸ™‚
      Exactly. Envy is not good for anyone and should be avoided. It destroys lives 😞
      Yeah! Self belief is very important and it takes you places. 😊😊😊😊
      Thank you so much ribana! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ’•

Liked by 1 person

• popsiclesociety says:

I’m glad you’re back dear Gauri πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
        Always believe in yourself! πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸ’•πŸ’•
        Wish you a wonderful day πŸ§ΈπŸ§ΈπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸŒΈ